Welcome!!

Photos

Sunday, February 28, 2010

5k Race!!!

Okay, so a ton of stuff has happened since my last post. I feel like it has been many moons since i have posted. Which it has.

First, I got a new snack bag. Now when I am called the bag lady at work...I can do it in style!! LOL
Cute huh? I got it Marshalls and it came with a larger one. Both for only $2.99!! Yeah!!

Next, I went to JcPenny to get a shirt for my 5k race and I thought I would justtry on a size 12 jean just to see if I could fit. Before I had my baby I was in size 16 jeans. So, I picked out a cute pair made by Liz & Co and headed to the dressing room. Here are the pics I took.
This is one of those moments where you say, "Congrats for zipping them up...but please don't let your tire hang over your  pants for all to see." So, I still have a ways to go and I will stay in size 14 jeans.

Now...drumroll please.....I just finished my first 5k rage yesterday!!! I entered the Conoco Phillips Rodeo Run. I had the help of my best friend since FIRST grade help me along the way and she did awesome!!! We finished in 49.09 and I know we can do better next time. I want to keep shaving off the time. We had so much fun!! And guess what? I am hooked!! I am a runner!! I can't wait until my next race!! (Which hopefully is in two weeks) Here are some pics that my wonderful and supportive hubby took of the race.
This is a picture of me and my dad at the beginning of the race. His wife did the 10k race and he did the 5k walk.
This is me and my awesome friend Mariam. She made us these awesome shirts! Mine says "This is my first Rodeo Run!!!" and hers says " Running cause I love my friend Laura!!" So cute huh?

This is Mariam and I at the finish line. We don't look like we just jogged/walked a 5k do we?? LOL

Anyways, thanks to everyone for all of the support. If you are thinking that you can't do a 5k, I promise you that you can. Best decision I have made in a long, long time.
Love yah guys!! I will get back to posting regularly now!!

7 comments:

  1. Well, if you have to get hooked on something - running is a good one! You're looking great. Thanks for sharing the cute pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I love the shirts your friend made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I love how you've already signed up for another. No giving up now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations - that's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU are AWESOME! Way to go! P.S....super cute zebra bag!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!! Or kick my butt!!