Welcome!!

Photos

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 2 of YMCA

So, today after church I came home and changed into my workout gear. My 4 year old got really excited because he loves going to play at the kiddy area. Which is great for me because then I dont feel so guilty dropping them off for some me time.

I did 30 minutes on the elliptical starting off at 8 incline and 3 resistance. I did the last 5 minutes of the 30 at a 10 incline and 5 resistance. It felt soooo good!! I was sweating sooo bad!!! I could just feel and see the sweat dripping off of me. I looked like a crazy lady with my hair all wet. I was so happy with myself=)

I also did 15 minutes on the treadmill. I walked at a 3.5 pace. It was quick enough to get my heart pumping, but I am not confident enough to jog in front of everyone yet. I did run for about 2 minutes, but I think my 30 minute elliptical had me pretty wiped out.

Before the gym I wanted to eat something light because it was already 11:30. I headed out with the boys to Chick-fil-a and then I realized that they are closed on Sundays. My son wanted to play on the playground at McDonalds but I really didn't want to eat crap. Crazy huh? When you start doing something good for your body, you don't crave the greasy food!! I took him there and only nibbled on a french fry or two. I didn't enjoy it at all.

I am a little nervous about swimming at the gym. They have an indoor olympic size pool with lanes roped off for swimmers. I haven't worn a bathing suit in a loooong time. Even when I was super skinny, I always wore shorts to cover up some scars on my upper legs. I noticed that there were other swimmers who were bigger than me just walking around in their suits. They looked so confidant. We will see.

A question: Is swimming something I could do to see results on the scale? I heard it is the best workout. What do you guys think?

Confession: I went and got a coconut snowcone after my workout. It was so nice on a hot summer day!

Cheer: I worked my butt off today and didn't go crazy on food!! I can't wait to go back tomorrow!!

4 comments:

  1. SWIMMING ROCKS!!! At least for me it does. I swam 4 times this week and I am already seeing a difference. I lost a bunch of weight about 4 years ago through swimming, and it came off quickly too. I am a firm believer in swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on your workout!!! Awesome! I personally have never done swimming but I too have heard good things about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, great workout! I saw the pics on your last post... Girl, you are looking slim! I don't know a thing about swimming. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swimming is great all around exercise. It is low impact so it doesn't overly stress your joints, and there are tons of activities that can be done in the water that are resistance exercises so they help with toning and cardio simultaneously. Jogging in the pool is a better workout than jogging on the treadmill and it is better on your joints. Don't be afraid to grab a board and kick your way down a lane either since it targets the legs and abdomen specifically. You don't need to be a strong swimmer to get a good workout in a pool. I love pool exercises!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!! Or kick my butt!!