Welcome!!

Photos

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I need some motivation....in comes the charts!!!

So, this month's "Fitness" magazine really got me thinking. It has a fantastic article by Carey Rossi about rethinking how you see your weightloss journey. One example is: YOU THINK: "The scale is stuck, why bother?" when you should be thinking: RETHINK: "This pudge will budge."

I started to rethink a lot of things and that got me motivated. I decided to make goals, put them on a big chart and create a reward system for them. Here are some pictures!

These are my goals that I want to accomplish every day.

1. No Mindless snacking (unless fruits and veggies)
2. Drink 64 ounces of water
3. No regular soda
4. Eat breakfast
5. Do some type of exercise for 30 minutes
6. Count calories on Livestrong.com
7. Wash, fold, and put away a load of laundry
8. Do dishes right after dinner
9. Write on blog
10. Write (on my novel)
This is where I will keep track of my weightloss.

This is my awesome reward system! I wrote down all of the my goals along the left side and broke it up where 5 stickers will fit in each section. If I complete that goal for the day then I will get a sticker. Once all five stickers in all 10 goals are filled up, I will reward myself with something. I will put the rewards up at the top of that section. I am still unsure of what I want all of my goals to be. I know the first one I want is a new workout outfit because I'm feeling kinda shlumpy at the gym in oversized t-shirts and the same workout pants.

This is a closeup of my rewards chart. As you can see, I've already missed on a few for the day. The snacking and water wern't the best today. I didn't count caloreis, but I can still write on my novel a little bit tonight after the kiddos go to bed and I can still do laundry. Didn't eat at home (Subway) tonight, so no dishes and I am writing on my blog right now!
I will keep updating my chart and showing you my results! I think this is a great idea and I am looking forward to getting my stickers!! We did the same thing for my 4 year old when he was learning how to be potty trained! LOL

Confession: I snacked on chocolate today. They were in my desk and as I was cleaning it out I found them and just put them in my mouth!! Dark chocolate with mint cream filling. Yummm...but now no sticker!! SO not worth it!!

Cheer: I went and worked out again even though I had a long day at work. And instead of stopping for McDonalds afterwards like my kiddos wanted, we went to Subway! I didn't even buy a cookie! LOL

3 comments:

  1. SO CUTE!!! I miiiight make something eventually but I would probably never fill it out. (I am a huge slacker haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great compliment(I'm blushing). Glad to hear the article helped you change your mindset. Good luck on your efforts.
    Best,
    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your handwriting and your goals and everything about this post! I definitely need to do something like this! You rock!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!! Or kick my butt!!