Welcome!!

Photos

Monday, June 7, 2010

A fun day at the gym

I am so glad that I joined our local gym. I actually look forward to going now and my kiddos do too. It was probably the best thing I have done for myself. I might go every day this summer! I don't feel guilty about dropping off the boys for 30-45 minutes because the people there are so nice and the 4 year old has so many kids and toys to play with.

Tonight I am signing up for my third 5k race. I hav ebeen practicing running on the treadmill the last 4 or 5 times I have been there. I can run for about a half a mile before I just want to give up. But this is going faster than I usually do outside. The race isn't until July 4th, so I still have time to practice keeping my momentum going. I literally have sweat dripping down my face after my treadmill run. Today I walked for .25 miles and then ran the rest of the 1 mile. I was pretty happy with myself. That one mile took me 13 minutes to do. I know I can do better. I have done it at around 11 before. Then I walked for another .25 miles and then jogged the last three minutes out for a total of 25 minutes. I was pretty proud of myself.

I also did some weight lifting. Nothing to heavy. Mostly did legs and abs. Tomorrow is arms and more treadmill. Who knows, I might do the elliptical.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Confession: I have nothing to confess right now, but the night is still young! I am very proud of my day today so far!

Cheer: I went back to the gym to workout after we left this morning when my sons swimming lessons were cancelled. I was very proud!

2 comments:

  1. So I read your title "fun day at the gym" out loud I said "what on earth is she talking about" okay miss negativity lol. Apparently I loathe the gym more than expected lol. Yay for signing up for your 3rd 5k! You rock girly!!! You're running fabulous times! I do like 10 ish minute miles.

    xo

    ps thanks for the compliment on my blog! <3 you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your progress!

    Keep up your hard work!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!! Or kick my butt!!