A HUGE hout-out to Debbie of Weight to go: Diary of Fat Chick for giving me this awesome blogger award! I really appreciate it and need it right now=) If you haven't seen her blog, you should really go check it out!! I love reading it=)
The rules of this award are to tell you seven things about me that you may not know and then to pass it on to seven other bloggers....
1) I sucked my thumb until I was in the 2nd grade. I know!! Sounds crazy huh?? I tried to hide that I was still doing it from my parents like hiding in my closet, ducking behind a blanket in the back seat of the car, and sitting on the couch with a pillow (so obvious). It wasn't until I saw a girl doing it at school in front of everyone that I stopped.
2) I am addicted to Young Adult Fantasy novels. Anything with vampires, faeries, and talking animals will get my blood pumping. Maybe that's why I want to be a Librarian some day!!
3) I teach students who have English as a Second language and all I can speak is English!! LOL. Funny huh? Most of my students are from Mexico and El Salvador and when they speak Spanish I have no idea if they are cussing me out!! That's why I have some girls in my class give me crazy looks when they talk about bad stuff so I know if what they are saying is bad!! LOL
4) I have one sister named Rachel who lives in San Antonio and she is about to turn 30 on Sunday!! Happy Birthday sis! We shared a room until she was 18 and moved off to college. I was about 14. I was so sad when she left because I was sooo used to sleeping in the same room with someone. We are now the bestest friends!
5) I have one brother named Andrew and I think that he is the smartest kid around. He is 23 years old and just graduated from the University of Texas in Austin. Go longhorns! He is an Engineer and is super smart. There was a point where him and I didn't get along because he had some anger issues when he was in high school, but we are pretty cool now.
6) I had been dating my husband for 5 months when I found out I was pregnant with my first son. We got married three months later and then I had my son in December of that same year. My parents were no thrilled at all at first (they are very religious), but after they realized that my hubby and I were really good for each other, they kinda slacked off a little bit. No one thought we would last this long ( 5 years tomorrow!), but another son later, we are still going strong! We both finished getting our degrees and we both have great jobs and a nice house!
7) I am allergic to fake sugar. Any drinks or food that has aspartame makes me have the runs for days. LOL. I get so sick to my stomach that I am in and out of the restroom for days. Try teaching a bunch of sixth graders and having to hold it for 70 minutes!! Not good. I realized I was allergic when I was in college on my first WW experience. I drank Diet Cherry coke all day because it was zero points but I was going #2 like all the time all day long. I couldn't sit through a class without having to leave a few times (proff's don't like that) and my stomach was killing me! The doctors thought I would have to get my gall bladder removed, but then my OBGYN asked if I drank diet soda. I told her all the time. She said to stop drinking it and within a few weeks my stomach went back to normal! Now when I drink diet sodas I can only have a few before I know if I don't stop I will feel hell again!!